Prof Robert Barker
Tel: 01651 806859
Barthol Chapel Church owes its origins to the generosity of the then Dowager Duchess of Aberdeen, built as a memorial to her son George who was lost at sea in 1870. It was named as the "Gordon Memorial Church" and was opened in 1875. A beautiful stained glass window was installed in memory of Rev W Wilson who was School Master for fifty-one years. In 1832 a chiming clock was built into the west gable on memory of the Arthur family of Bruntstane. A legacy for its upkeep was left by Sophia Arthur. In recent years a coffee area, disabled toilet and a sound & loop system have been installed and the church interior has been painted.