Mobirise

Meldrum Church
Meldrum & Bourtie Parish Church of Scotland

Registered Charity No. SC015960
Services: Sunday 11:00 a.m

Minister

Rev. Alison Jaffrey
The Manse
17 Benview Gardens Oldmeldrum
AB51 0FY

Tel: 01651 872250  

Presbytery Elder

Mrs. Jean Mitchell
6 Cowgate
Oldmeldrum
AB51 0EN

Tel: 01651 872745  

Mobirise

General Enquiries

Address: Kirk Brae, Oldmeldrum, AB51 0FP
Email:
Tel: 

Facilities

OS Map Reference: NJ813273
Car Parking: Available
Hearing Loop:
Disabled Access: Available
Toilets: Available
Disability Toilets: Available

Church History

The original Parish of Meldrum was founded in the 7th century by Nathalan. At his own expense Nathalan founded churches at Tullich, Bethelnie (Old Meldrum) and Coull, and on his death in 678 it is said that the body was carried from Bethelnie to Tullich where he had spent his boyhood. In 1684 the Parish centre moved to a new church in the village, now small town, of Oldmeldrum and the present church has served the community well for over 300 years.

During the second world war the building was used as a storage area, the congregation meeting in another church in the village. In 1954 it was extensively reformed and refurbished and later became the only Presbyterian church in Oldmeldrum, the former Free Church on the main A947 Albert Road becoming (and continuing to be) the church hall.

Further information is available from the church website which contains an historic account of the parish written by a former minister.

Address

26, St. Ninians
Monymusk
Aberdeenshire
AB51 7HF 

Contacts

Email: gordon@cofscotland.org.uk 
Phone: +44 (0)1467 651470 

SHARE THIS PAGE!